UL LAUNCHES MOBILE APP PROVIDING GLOBAL HAZLOC TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
New HazLoc mobile application for global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) supply chain compliance
NORTHBROOK, Ill., January 28, 2016 – UL, a leading global safety science organization, launches a global hazardous locations mobile app to facilitate a common understanding of global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) for industry stakeholders. The app benefits designers, manufacturers, distributors, inspection & regulatory authorities (AHJs), and end-users across the oil & gas, chemical, agricultural, pharmaceuticals, offshore, and mining industries.
“Navigating the complex landscape of global hazardous locations is a challenge for industry stakeholders,” states Jeff Smidt, Vice President and General Manager for UL’s energy & power technologies division. “This new mobile app streamlines the information providing design, production, installation, inspection and regulatory compliance information in one trusted source – putting HazLoc technical expertise at the stakeholders’ fingertips.”
Available on iTunes and Google Play to download for free, the UL HazLoc app includes the following attributes:
• Types of explosive atmospheres
• Likelihood an explosive atmosphere is present
• Ignition-related properties of explosive atmospheres
• Temperature classifications based on maximum surface temperatures
• Methods of explosion protection regarding electrical and non-electrical risks of ignition
• Markings required by both standards and by national or regional regulations
• National, regional and international standards, including a “Find Your StandardTM” feature based on the selection of five simple data points
• Ingress protection (IP) codes and Type ratings for equipment enclosures
• Contact options for additional information and questions
Download the UL HazLoc app for free using:
Google Play™: http://bit.ly/HazLocAndroidApp
For more information on the HazLoc app: http://bit.ly/HazLocApp, or for more information on UL services for hazardous locations or oil & gas: ul.com/hazloc
The Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.