New UL App Puts HazLoc Technical Expertise at Industry’s Fingertips
UL LAUNCHES MOBILE APP PROVIDING GLOBAL HAZLOC TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
New HazLoc mobile application for global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) supply chain compliance
NORTHBROOK, Ill., January 28, 2016 – UL, a leading global safety science organization, launches a global hazardous locations mobile app to facilitate a common understanding of global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres) for industry stakeholders. The app benefits designers, manufacturers, distributors, inspection & regulatory authorities (AHJs), and end-users across the oil & gas, chemical, agricultural, pharmaceuticals, offshore, and mining industries.
“Navigating the complex landscape of global hazardous locations is a challenge for industry stakeholders,” states Jeff Smidt, Vice President and General Manager for UL’s energy & power technologies division. “This new mobile app streamlines the information providing design, production, installation, inspection and regulatory compliance information in one trusted source – putting HazLoc technical expertise at the stakeholders’ fingertips.”
Available on iTunes and Google Play to download for free, the UL HazLoc app includes the following attributes:
• Types of explosive atmospheres
• Likelihood an explosive atmosphere is present
• Ignition-related properties of explosive atmospheres
• Temperature classifications based on maximum surface temperatures
• Methods of explosion protection regarding electrical and non-electrical risks of ignition
• Markings required by both standards and by national or regional regulations
• National, regional and international standards, including a “Find Your StandardTM” feature based on the selection of five simple data points
• Ingress protection (IP) codes and Type ratings for equipment enclosures
• Contact options for additional information and questions
Download the UL HazLoc app for free using:
Google Play™: http://bit.ly/HazLocAndroidApp
The Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.